Australian, Humanist, Bi/Pansexual, Fashion Design Student, Writer, Make up Enthusiast, Music Fanatic!
Today at work, I wore this pretty form-fitting outfit because well… because I can. And a woman, probably in her mid to late 30s asks me… “Can I ask you a question without purposely trying to offend you?” Of course I said she could and then she asks me… “Do you feel comfortable in what you’re wearing?” and I kind of confusedly answered that I did feel comfortable in what I was wearing. She then asked “Even though it’s extremely… form-fitting?” And I said “Especially because it’s form fitting.” She then told me that she thought I looked beautiful but asked how I was so comfortable, as a full-figured woman, wearing something tight. And I simply answered “Because I love my body. I love my shape. I love who I am. It took me a long time to be okay with what kind of body I have but now I love it and if I choose to change it, I can. If I don’t choose to, then I won’t. Sure, I have things I don’t like about myself but overall I can’t say I’m disappointed in the way I look or feel in the clothes I choose to wear.”
She then called me her “She-Hero” and bought an outfit just like the one I was wearing.
This is why I love my job.
THAT WAS NOT THE ENDING I WAS EXPECTING A+
That just made me smile so much
Love this!! I am the same in my clothing, I dispise people trying to tell me I can’t wear pencils skirts because I have a bit of a belly. If I feel comfortable and gorgeous then who cares what anyone else thinks?!
men should take advantage of the lack of dress code rules set for guys and wear mini skirts and tank tops to school every day
OH MY GOD LAST YEAR THE DUDES ON MY CLASS HAVE DONE IT
AND THEY GOT ALL CALLED IN THE PRINCIPAL’S ROOM
BUT THEY DIDNT GOT IN TROUBLE BECAUSE
THEY SAID EXACTLY IT “BUT THOSE RULES ARE ONLY FOR GIRLS”
I’M NOT EVEN JOKING
THESE GUYS ARE AMAZING!!
Two Lesbians Raised A Baby And This Is What They Got
this is my favourite video ever
This is truly awesome
this is beautifulEvery time I hear this speech it gets more and more beautiful!
I love him.
You go, kid. You go.
THIS COMMERICAL TAKES LIKE THE BIGGEST TURN FOR THE WORST EVER AND I DON’[T LIKE IT
OH MY GOD
YOU GUYS THIS IS AN ACTUAL COMMERCIAL
Welp, i disagree. I liked the video. I think it made my day oh my god.
I am fairly certain this is the best thing ever.
Woah. Wasn’t expecting that big of a plot twist
someones fat? doesn’t ruin the cosplay.
someones black? doesn’t ruin the cosplay.
not completely 100% accurate? still doesn’t ruin the cosplay.
you want to know what ruins cosplays?
i feel like this picture is relevant again
ONE HUNDRED PERCENT FUCKING YES.
Seriously, I’m willing to spend a few extra dollars for a good wig.
Bad wigs and girls who choose to make ‘scantily clad’ versions of male characters when it is the opposite of what the character is like at all… Like all the ‘Jayne’ from Firefly fem-plays I see. Jayne would never be ‘scantily clad’ as a female, he’s a soldier!!
And this is why I love and adore Olivia Wilde… she’s just so brilliant!
This is one of the most haunting photos I have ever seen. It is hundreds of wedding rings that were removed from those in Concentration Camps.
I haven’t seen a single post on my dash about it being the remembrance day of the Holocaust today so I guess it’s up to me
This is sobering.
Too important a message to not reblog.
i cant handle losing a follower let alone a spouse omg
Seeing this gives me chills, those poor people who went through being separated from the person they loved most only to suffer so horribly and die so alone.
4 tbsps (1/4 cup) culinary lavender*
2 cups boiling water
2/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice (about 8 lemons)
2 cups cold water
* Culinary lavender is lavender harvested for the purposes of cooking/eating. Please don’t buy the perfumed air-freshening kind because that is going to be utterly gross. Steep the lavender in 2 cups of boiling water for 15 minutes. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve and discard the lavender. Place the lavender tea and the sugar in a small saucepan and set over high heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves (you don’t have to put it over heat, but I do this because I’m impatient and want the sugar to dissolve faster and completely). Remove from heat and let cool to warm. Stir in the lemon juice. Stir in the cold water. Add more to taste. I prefer to keep mine on the concentrated side because I like to mix it with seltzer water when I serve it. Serve over ice. Makes about 6-8 cups depending on how dilute you want it.
My friend actually made lavender lemonade before and it’s delicious. Not sure if this is the same recipe, but stillllll
reblogging for the recipe
I need this in my life right now
- Interviewer: What has been your biggest disappointment?
- Benedict Cumberbatch: Not being a dad by the age of 32.
- Interviewer: What single thing would improve the quality of your life?
- Benedict Cumberbatch: Better time management.
- Interviewer: What do you consider your greatest achievement?
- Benedict Cumberbatch: I wish I could say children.
- Interviewer: What keeps you awake at night?
- Benedict Cumberbatch: Fucking foxes.
- Me: *spits coffee all over my laptop screen*